LIV Golf expands qualifying pathways for 2026 season

LIV Golf on Monday announced expanded qualification opportunities for players aiming to join its 2026 League, increasing the number of available spots through both the LIV Golf Promotions tournament and The International Series. (LIV Golf)
LIV Golf on Monday announced expanded qualification opportunities for players aiming to join its 2026 League, increasing the number of available spots through both the LIV Golf Promotions tournament and The International Series. (LIV Golf)
Short Url
Updated 03 November 2025
Follow

LIV Golf expands qualifying pathways for 2026 season

LIV Golf expands qualifying pathways for 2026 season
  • In addition, LIV Golf will double its exemptions via The International Series, granting League spots to the top two players in the final 2025 rankings not already exempt

LONDON: LIV Golf on Monday announced expanded qualification opportunities for players aiming to join its 2026 League, increasing the number of available spots through both the LIV Golf Promotions tournament and The International Series.

The League confirmed that the top two finishers at LIV Golf Promotions, to be held Jan. 8–11 at Black Diamond Ranch in Florida, will earn full-season places in the 2026 LIV Golf League. Registrations are now open at LIVGolf.com for professionals and elite amateurs worldwide.

The top 10 finishers in the event, including ties, will also secure exemptions for the 2026 International Series, which is sanctioned by the Asian Tour.

The four-day, four-round tournament offers a $1.5 million prize purse, with $200,000 awarded to the winner and $150,000 to the runner-up.

“LIV Golf continues to expand pathways for players around the world to qualify into the first truly global golf league,” said LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil.

“As fan interest grows and competition extends across the US, Asia Pacific, Africa, Europe and the Middle East, it’s only natural that we broaden access for talented, ambitious players to earn their way into the league,” he added.

In last year’s event, Jon Rahm claimed victory as the 2025 Individual Champion and his Legion XIII team’s triumphed in the Team Championship.

In addition, LIV Golf will double its exemptions via The International Series, granting League spots to the top two players in the final 2025 rankings not already exempt.

The series, sanctioned by the Asian Tour, has staged events this year in India, Macau, Japan, Morocco, Indonesia, the Philippines and Hong Kong, with upcoming stops at the Moutai Singapore Open (Nov. 6–9) and the PIF Saudi International in Riyadh (Nov. 19–22).

Zimbabwe’s Scott Vincent leads the rankings with 325.59 points, followed by the Philippines’ Miguel Tabuena on 221.19.

“We offer a proven pathway onto the LIV Golf League, and with this season’s route offering not one but two opportunities to progress, there is a real life-changing opportunity for our players,” said Rahul Singh, head of The International Series.

“Our goal is to create chances for regional and emerging talent to compete alongside proven champions, and recent results show that standards across the Asian Tour are rising rapidly.”

The 2026 LIV Golf Promotions tournament will feature four rounds of 18-hole stroke play, with scores resetting after each of the first two rounds.

The top 20 players from each stage will advance, culminating in a 36-hole shootout over the final two days to determine the two players who will graduate to the League.


‘Battle of the Sexes’ pits Aryna Sabalenka against Nick Kyrgios

‘Battle of the Sexes’ pits Aryna Sabalenka against Nick Kyrgios
Updated 04 November 2025
Follow

‘Battle of the Sexes’ pits Aryna Sabalenka against Nick Kyrgios

‘Battle of the Sexes’ pits Aryna Sabalenka against Nick Kyrgios
  • WTA world No. 1 Sabalenka vs. showman Kyrgios on Dec. 28
  • Game comes 52 years after Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs

DUBAI: WTA world No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka and tennis showman Nick Kyrgios face-off in a competition billed as the “Battle of the Sexes: The Dubai Showdown” on Dec. 28.

The event at the Coca-Cola Arena has been organized by TLive, the sports and entertainment company, co-founding partner IM8, and the Dubai Department of Economy and Tourism.

Fifty-two years after the legendary 1973 “Battle of the Sexes” match between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs, this contemporary edition unites two of tennis’ most compelling personalities, the organizers stated in a release on Tuesday.

Sabalenka said: “I have so much respect for Billie Jean King and what she has done for the women’s game. I’m proud to represent women’s tennis and to be part of this modern take of the iconic ‘Battle of the Sexes’ match.

“Dubai is my home, and I know this city loves big, entertaining events. I have a lot of respect for Nick and his talent, but make no mistake, I’m ready to bring my A-game.”

Kyrgios said: “When the world No.1 challenges you, you answer the call. I've got massive respect for Aryna; she’s a powerhouse and a true champion.

“But I’ve never backed down from a challenge, and I’m not just here to play — I’m here to entertain. This is what I live for.”

Mark McFarlane, MD of TLive, said: “We’re bringing together two of tennis’ most compelling personalities for a night that celebrates skill, showmanship, and respect on and off the court.”