Sinner, Alcaraz set for South Korea exhibition ahead of Australian Open

Sinner, Alcaraz set for South Korea exhibition ahead of Australian Open
Organizers have yet to release information on the prize money on offer for the one-off match. (AFP)
Short Url
Updated 03 November 2025
Follow

Sinner, Alcaraz set for South Korea exhibition ahead of Australian Open

Sinner, Alcaraz set for South Korea exhibition ahead of Australian Open
  • Sinner, Alcaraz set for South Korea exhibition ahead of Australian Open

Jannik Sinner and Carlos Alcaraz will play an exhibition match in South Korea in January, organizers said on Monday, as the top two men’s players in the world ramp up their preparations for the Australian Open.
The pair, who have won nine of the last 10 major titles, will play in the Hyundai Card Super Match at Incheon’s Inspire Arena on January 10, eight days before the year’s first Grand Slam begins at Melbourne Park.
The exhibition has previously featured some of the biggest names in men’s tennis including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Pete Sampras, as well as women’s greats Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams.
Organizers have yet to release information on the prize money on offer for the one-off match.
Sinner and Alcaraz met in three of the four Grand Slam finals this season and faced each other in the title decider at last month’s Six Kings Slam exhibition tournament in Riyadh.
Sinner prevailed in that contest to secure a reported $6 million in prize money.
The Italian also lifted his first Paris Masters title on Sunday to reclaim the world number one ranking from Spaniard Alcaraz, who lost early in the tournament.
Alcaraz had taken top spot after beating Sinner in the US Open final in September to improve his career head-to-head record against his rival to 10-5 in official matches.
The pair also met in an epic French Open final in June when Alcaraz prevailed in five sets, before Sinner gained revenge in the Wimbledon title clash a month later.


South Africa's Brevis out of Pakistan ODIs with shoulder injury

South Africa's Brevis out of Pakistan ODIs with shoulder injury
Updated 04 November 2025
Follow

South Africa's Brevis out of Pakistan ODIs with shoulder injury

South Africa's Brevis out of Pakistan ODIs with shoulder injury
  • The 22-year-old hurt his shoulder during the third and final T20 international in Lahore on Saturday
  • Injuries have already ruled out regular captain Temba Bavuma, bowlers Kwena Maphaka and Gerald Coetzee

FAISALABAD: South Africa's depleted squad for the one-day international series against Pakistan took another hit on Tuesday, with dynamic batter Dewald Brevis sidelined due to a shoulder injury.

Cricket South Africa (CSA) said the 22-year-old hurt his shoulder during the third and final T20 international in Lahore on Saturday.

"Brevis has been ruled out of the three-match one-day international series against Pakistan due to a low-grade shoulder muscle strain and will now undergo rehabilitation," said a CSA statement.

His replacement for the ODI series will be announced in due course, it added.

Brevis featured in both the two-match Test series, which ended in a 1-1 draw, and the T20 series, which South Africa lost 2-1.

His absence adds to South Africa's growing injury list.

Regular captain Temba Bavuma, along with pace bowlers Kwena Maphaka and Gerald Coetzee, are already ruled out due to injuries. Opener Aiden Markram and frontline quicks Kagiso Rabada and Marco Jansen were rested for the series.

South Africa will be hoping Brevis recovers in time for their two-match Test series against India, starting November 14 in Kolkata.